We have had a lot of really creative customers over the years who have had some fantastic deck design ideas. We have come up with a few on our own as well. As a result, we have lots of ideas to help make your new deck stand out from the ordinary. The list below is just a few of my favorites, check out our ideas gallery for more inspiration.
- Add a Pergola: We have built many pergolas out of wood and vinyl. They add a really cool touch and can give you a semi-shaded area as well.
- Use a different color perimeter board: This is a really cheap way to customize your deck. Most deck builders will do this for free or a small upcharge.
- Install the floorboards on a diagonal: This is a pretty cost effective option as well. It may cost you a few dollars per square foot more.
- Use a different color railing balusters: We sell a lot of white vinyl railing with black aluminum balusters. There are lots of other color options as well.
- Upgrade your railings: Use an all black aluminum railing or a high end railing like the Radience series from Timbertech.
- Add Low-voltage lighting: This is a great way to make your deck more usable and safe. New LED technology has made this more affordable
- Add a Curve: This can be done in lots of ways, but curving the entire front of the deck or adding a curved bumpout to the side or front are the most popular.
- Add Benches: This is also a great way to add seating while saving space. We can build benches out of deck boards to match your new deck perfectly.
- Add a Firepit: You can buy a propane firepit at a Home Improvement store of we can incorporate a paver firepit into the design of your deck.
- Add a Railing Topboard: We can install a deckboard on the top of your vinyl railing. This will add a nice accent as well as give you a flat spot to set drinks, flower pots etc.
Hopefully this will give you some fun inspiration as you plan for your new deck. Check out our Deck Options page for more ideas and pricing.